Friday, February 22, 2013

"Just Walking in the Rain"

"Just walking in the Rain" oil on 8x10 board


An experiment in painting and a bit of nostalgia:

So this little painting is a sort of memory of about 4 years ago when I returned to UK for a few weeks due to an illness in the family. My sister then lived in Wembley, a short hop on the tube and we were in the centre of London, and she has has a love affair with this City and loves to visit as often as possible. 

Both of us have a love for Art and this was an  opportunity to visit all the Galleries together. I think we were more often than not a bit like a couple of kids enjoying every moment we could, no matter where we were. 

We made a decision to visit the British Museum which covers just about anything to do with
History so much to look at, mind boggling! 


On our way home it was raining. I can't remember taking the photo but somehow John found it on our photo steam, I have always wanted to paint a picture of the rain including an umbrella!

The result isn't axactly riveting but it's just the job for me!
Babs

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really lovely. All your paintings are good and getting better with each one you do. I like painting pics of places I have been to because of the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babs, what a wonderful memory. I love this painting.

    ReplyDelete