Friday, November 30, 2012

String of Pearls

Aother painting Challenge from
"String of Pearls" 8x10 oil on board
Paint and Draw Together



At first glance this picture caught my eye, I have always loved pearls, it amazes me that an oyster could produce such a beautiful jewel with all the colours of the rainbow.

Never having owned a real string of pearls I thought at least I can try and paint some. Easier said than done, they capture light from colour so well .

As these were resting on a shell and on a highly coloured rock it made the pearls extremely difficult to capture the softness and reflections.

This is an attempt that pails from what I saw in my mind but, decided to finish the project and ask for some suggestions from fellow artists on their ideas on how to get the glow to look real??

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment