Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Morning After a Good Night Out

"Morning After a Good Night Out" 8x10 oil on board


A Challenge from Paint and Draw Together

I have found this website to be a little different, challenges come out once a month. I achieved the old master type painting after a fashion, enjoyed doing that a lot and certainly realize there were mistakes but, that is OK that's how we learn. It's the opportunity to look at the same work other artists produce encouraging us to make comments from other artists.

Meantime I have worked on an old challenge dark background of a yellow rose and delicate vase. This has been a challenge working out the fallen petals and all the shadows and reflections in the glass.
It really kept me occupied that's for sure, sometimes it just takes a tiny spot of colour to make things shine. Training myself now to look more at all the little things you can play with and experiment making the painting come to life.

We will see if I get some comments and some good ideas to make it look more professional.

I have named the painting "The morning after a good night out"!
thanks for looking in on our blog.

Babs


2 comments:

  1. I think you have done a great job.I can see just how the petals would be a BIG challenge as is putting everything on the very dark background.I really think you have captured the glass very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley thank you very much for comment, a bit of concentration had to go
    into this one! but, enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete